TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Engine lost power/runs weird
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Engine lost power/runs weird

Posted by ukrdon2006 on October 03, 2014 at 10:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 349 times.

In Reply To Engine lost power/runs weird posted by ukrdon2006 on September 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Message Thanks for the reply... So I looked at the injectors, and they are the factory injectors. (I can only tell this by the phillips head bolts)... I did check all the coil packs with ohm testing and they all gave me a reading of around 1.7 to 2.0. I also did the power balance test and found cylinder 1 when I pull the coil pack connector off, it does nothing to the engine idle. The other cylinders however, they make the idle lower when I pull the connectors.
I haven't had time to play with computer codes or anything, but don't have any CEL on. What I did do is listened to each injector with a metal screw driver and stethoscope. Basically, they sound similar to my untrained ear, even cylinder 1. So still unsure of all this.
Lastly, power is lose in the low to mid range, when taking off from a light or anything like that, however, the car is still drivable. Is it going to hurt the vehicle (outside of my gas MPG) to drive this thing around like this?

Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.